- SEOPress PRO 3.8.8
- WooCommerce 4+ (not tested with versions < 4.x)
Activate Google Ecommerce from Google Analytics
Go to your Google Analytics account, select a view and choose Admin from the left menu. From the View column (the third), click Ecommerce Settings.
Click Enable Ecommerce and Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting.
Click Save button.
Change the default currency
To be sure Google Analytics uses the same currency as your store, go to Admin, from the 3rd column, click View settings link.
From “Currency displayed as” option, select your currency.
Measure purchases, additions to and removals from shopping carts with SEOPress PRO
Go to your WP admin, SEO, Analytics, Ecommerce tab.
Check the three options:
- Measure purchases
- Add to cart event
- Remove from cart event
Save changes and clear your cache if necessary.
Test your tracking code
From Google Analytics website, go the Realtime report, Events page.
Make a test command on your site.
Once the purchase is done, you should see the “purchase event” appears in GA.
After few minutes/hours, go to Conversions, Ecommerce, Overview. Change the Date range to Today to see your test transaction.
Browse each pages under Ecommerce, to analyse your top products, top transactions…
It doesn’t work!
If you see nothing in GA, try this:
- disable any adblockers
- test everything in private browsing
- is user consent from cookie bar required to activate GA tracking on your site?
- are WooCommerce / SEOPress / WordPress up to date?
- if the payment is made outside your site via a gateway, make sure you have configured the return url to the store. Without this, we will not be able to know if the transaction has been paid and then, send it to GA.