SEOPress 5.2 is now available. We encourage you to update your site as soon as possible to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
🎉 New – Universal SEO metabox third iteration
SEOPress 5.0 introduces our brand new universal SEO metabox that works with all page builders. Now with version 5.2, we have added manual schemas as a new tab including article, local business, product, event, course, software application, review, FAQ, how-to, recipe, job, video, service and custom. No more back and forth between your page builder and the WordPress admin to add or remove structured data. You can still use the good old schema metabox, all your existing schemas will still work as expected.
🎉 New – Performance improvement and code refactoring
We are constantly concerned about the performance of our products. In this new version, we have optimized the rendering of open graph tags by removing the use of the native WP function “attachment_url_to_postid” which is very resource intensive. All new social images uploaded will benefit from this optimization. The old images will continue to work with the old system to avoid regression.
We have also removed the Action Scheduler: we do not use it anymore, it was generating useless queries and entries in the database.
Rendering meta tags like meta title and description will be faster. Upcoming versions will continue to improve this.
The Compatibility Center from SEO, Tools settings page, will be deprecated in the next major update (5.3). Too many users misuse it reducing the performance of their site. Rest assured, our extension will still work with the page builders listed in the Compatibility Center but you will no longer be able to use the dynamic variables like %%oxygen%% to generate automatic meta description based on the beginning on your content (however, this is still possible to add them manually using this filter).
Many other improvements have been made to boost performance.
🎉 Other news
- PHP 5.6 is no longer supported with version 5.2. We strongly encourage you to always use the latest version of PHP.
- Words “You are here”, “Page” and “Attachments” from the Breadcrumbs are now translatable with WPML or Polylang
- New dynamic variable %%archive_date_month_name%% to display month name in archive page
- Add image field for How-to steps schema
- The author URL is now automatically added for automatic schemas when using the Author as a sub-type like Article
- You can now import CSV metadata with comma or semi-colon as delimiter
- 5 new hooks for developers:
- seopress_dom_analysis_get_post_content to filter the
- seopress_get_tag_site_url_value to filter the Site URL value in meta
- seopress_sitemaps_html_cpt_name to filter custom post types name in HTML sitemap
- seopress_rss_dyn_vars / seopress_rss_dyn_vars_value to filter dynamic variables available for RSS feeds
- It’s now easier to style the HTML sitemap with new HTML classes
- The author meta has been removed from the source code since it’s completely deprecated by search engines
Dozens of fixes and adjustments have been made to this new version, most of them based on your user feedback.
Finally, we thank you very much for having installed SEOPress on more than 200,000 WordPress sites! 🥰
This is a new milestone for us and it motivates us all the more to go even further.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive latest Google News, product updates and… Black Friday deal? 🧐
Are you in love with SEOPress? Help us by writing a 5 star review on the official WordPress.org plugins directory!
This update contains the following changes (full changelog here):
* NEW Universal SEO metabox now with schemas * NEW Performance improvement and code factorization * NEW Import CSV metadata now supports comma and semi-colon as delimiter * NEW Breadcrumbs: add new options to translate "Page" and "Attachments" from SEO, PRO, Breadcrumbs * NEW Add "nofollow noopener noreferrer" rel attributes to the comments form link (SEO, Advanced, Advanced tab) * NEW %%archive_date_month_name%% dynamic variable in meta to output month name in archive page * NEW 'seopress_get_tag_site_url_value' hook to filter site_url tag in meta / schema (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-site_url-tag/) * NEW 'seopress_sitemaps_html_cpt_name' hook to filter custom post type name in HTML sitemap (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-custom-post-type-name-in-html-sitemap/) * NEW 'seopress_rss_dyn_vars' and 'seopress_rss_dyn_vars_value' hooks to filter dynamic variables in RSS feeds (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/add-your-custom-global-dynamic-variables-for-rss-feeds/) * INFO Display Blog page for date archive in Breadcrumbs * INFO Add new HTML class to wrap post and product categories in HTML sitemap * INFO Remove author meta in source code * INFO Remove WooCommerce products with visibility "hidden" from XML sitemaps * INFO Update updater * INFO Author URL missing for automatic schemas * INFO Check user capabilities before displaying automatic redirection suggestions notices * INFO Add image field for HowToStep (How-to schema) * INFO Remove Action Scheduler * FIX Remove /product-category/ with paginated archive pages (flush your permalinks if you're using this option) * FIX RSS feeds: display content before / after each post (excerpt of full text) * FIX Wrong quick tags for global meta description template * FIX Export Redirections to CSV file * FIX Missing tooltips from SEO universal metabox * FIX Green circle of the SEO score in the list of posts * FIX JS Arrow state for each analysis * FIX Warning Opening Hours (Local Business schema) * FIX Warning in Schemas post type list if a taxonomy no longer exists * FIX Page Speed full report button link * FIX WPML / Polylang config XML file * FIX White label for SEO dashboard and Wizard * FIX CSS conflicts with default WP theme for Universal SEO metabox * FIX Trying to get property 'name' / 'term_id' of non-object in HTML sitemap * FIX Uncaught TypeError: array_sum() in /wp-seopress-pro/inc/admin/dashboard-google-analytics.php:224 * FIX Warning: Undefined array key "ui_theme" /inc/admin/page-builders/elementor/inc/admin/class-document-settings-section.php on line 37 * FIX WPML: Fatal error when adding 'og:locale:alternate' link to non-existent post (thanks @vdwijngaert for reporting this) * FIX Redirections: Filter by Count