SEOPress 3.8.4 has been released quickly to include the adjustments made to the Events schema following the Coronavirus outbreak. We encourage you to update your site as soon as possible to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
Event schema updated following COVID-19
Following the numerous events canceled or postponed because of the Coronavirus which prevails all over the world (please #StayAtHome), Google has just published an update on the Events schema.
It is now possible to define the status of an event:
- “EventCancelled“: the event has been canceled, do not remove the dates / places of your event from the schema,
- “EventMovedOnline“: the event has been moved from the presence in person to the online presence,
- “EventPostponed“: the event has been postponed. Keep the original date in the start date of the event until you know when the event will take place. Once you know the new date information, replace eventStatus (event status) with EventRescheduled (rescheduled event) and update startDate (start date) and endDate (end date) with the new date information.
- “EventRescheduled“: the event has been rescheduled at a later date. Update the start date and end date with the new dates. Optionally, you can also define the eventStatus field (event status) as rescheduled and add the previous start date (previousStartDate).
- “EventScheduled“: The event should take place. This value is the default state of events. If you don’t set an event status, Google understands that the event is going as planned.
As well as the mode of coming:
- “OfflineEventAttendanceMode“: by default, the event takes place in real (IRL)
- “OnlineEventAttendanceMode“: 100% online event, make sure you have entered a website URL
- “MixedEventAttendanceMode“: a mix of the 2 previous properties, the event is both live and online. Make sure you have entered the website URL, location name, location address fields.
Finally, if the event status is “EventRescheduled”, set the previous start date and time (previousStartDate).
Recommended reading: official Google documentation on the Event schema.
Important information: the Google test tool is currently being updated. Therefore, unrecognized property errors should not be taken into account.
This update contains the following changes:
= 3.8.4 = 03/20/2020 NEW New properties for virtual, postponed, and canceled events: "eventStatus", "eventAttendanceMode", "previousStartDate" properties due to COVID-19 (PRO) INFO Improve translations INFO Improve Oxygen compatibility with Oxygen Gutenberg add-on (little tricky) FIX unlink error if WP can't download the file for analysis FIX Links in SEOPress dashboard
Hello to all
In this enigmatical time, I love you all
Appreciate your strain and friends