SEOPress 5.6 is now available. We encourage you to update your site as soon as possible to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
🎉 New – Microsoft Clarity integration
Microsoft Clarity is an excellent tool to record user actions on your site, generate heatmaps and get insights about user experience to increase conversions. It’s entirely free and GDPR compatible. We have tested it on seopress.org during several weeks to understand how our users interact with our site, optimize our funnels, and reduce frustration/confusion on certain pages.
Now with SEOPress 5.6, it’s super easy to add Microsoft Clarity to your WordPress site.
🎉 Second block for the block editor (aka Gutenberg): Local Business
Currently you can add your local business informations entered from SEO, PRO, Local Business tab to your WordPress site using the Widgets.
With WordPress 5.9 and the introduction of Full Site Editing (FSE), we have created a new block called “Local Business” to add these info almost everywhere on your site very easily and customizable (a post content, a sidebar, a footer etc.).
All of these informations comes from the Local Business settings page (SEO, PRO, Local Business tab). If you update your business details, it will automatically update all the local business blocks on your site.
🎉 Other news
Many other new features and improvements have been added:
- we have improved performance for our Google Analytics Stats in Dashboard widget ;
- the markup for our breadcrumbs has been updated ;
- accessibility improved for our FAQ block ;
- several bugs fixed for our export CSV metadata tool
- a fatal error when sharing singular product with LinkedIn ;
- a 403 error with Bing instant indexing ;
- fixed some deprecations with our Elementor integration ;
- dozens of user interface and user experience changes like the new Custom tracking tab from SEO, Analytics settings page or quick access links to different Google APIs ;
- and so much more!
New hooks for developers:
- seopress_pro_breadcrumbs_html_markup to remove schema markup for HTML breadcrumbs
- seopress_clarity_tracking_js to filter Microsoft Clarity tracking code
Support us by rating the best SEO plugin on the official WordPress plugins repository: more than 800 reviews, and still rated 5 star. 😍
This update contains the following changes (full changelog here):
* NEW Local Business block to display business information with the Block Editor (PRO) * NEW Microsoft Clarity integration: capture session recordings, get instant heatmaps and powerful Insights for Free * NEW Edit Google Analytics stats in Dashboard widget permissions from SEO, Advanced, Security tab * NEW Define license key in wp-config.php (PRO - https://www.seopress.org/support/guides/activate-seopress-pro-license/#add-my-license-key-to-wp-config-php) * NEW directApply property for Job schema (automatic and manual) * NEW 'seopress_pro_breadcrumbs_html_markup' hook to filter schema markup for HTML breadcrumbs (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/remove-schema-markup-from-html-breadcrumbs/) * NEW 'seopress_clarity_tracking_js' hook to filter Microsoft Clarity tracking code (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-microsoft-clarity-tracking-code/) * INFO Support login status field for CSV metadata import tool * INFO Several UI / UX enhancements for CSV metadata import tool and migration tools from other SEO plugins * INFO Improve UX/UI for automatic schemas * INFO Remove regex option from SEO metabox when editing term taxonomy because it doesn't make sense * INFO Replace header() by wp_redirect (props @ajoah) * INFO Remove add_theme_support( 'title-tag' ); notification is Full Site Editing (FSE) is enabled * INFO Improve A11Y for FAQ block (aria controls and aria labelledby) * INFO Quick access links to Google APIs from the UI * INFO Improve breadcrumbs markup for search engines * INFO Performance improvement for Google Analytics Dashboard widget * FIX Login status to Redirections tab when editing term taxonomy * FIX Twitter Preview for SEO metabox on term taxonomy * FIX Redirect XML sitemaps if Sitemaps feature is disabled * FIX SiteNavigationElement JSON schema * FIX UI for toggle features * FIX Fatal error get_price() for LinkedIn (oembed JSON) * FIX Disable shortcodes when running broken link checker if "post_content" option set * FIX Internal links analysis with Oxygen Builder * FIX 403 forbidden key for Bing IndexNow API * FIX Elementor deprecations for our Breadcrumbs widget and SEO integration * FIX Undefined index 'description' in SEO Dashboard * FIX Quick edit dynamic variables from post types list * FIX Month name translation in date archive when using %%archive_date_month_name%% * FIX Undefined variable: id in RobotSettings (props to @mvdhoek1)