Our support team may ask you to activate the PHP constant “WP_DEBUG” in order to retrieve the error logs from your site.
Here is the procedure to follow for this:
- Connect to your server via FTP / SFTP (your host will help you with this if you do not have access and / or do not know how to do it).
- In the WordPress installation directory, open the wp_config.php file.
- Add this:
define ('WP_DEBUG', true); define ('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
- Save the file and send it back to your server by FTP.
- The errors generated by your site will then be recorded in the debug.log file located in the wp-content folder.
- Refresh the page of your site that generates the error so that it is saved in your debug file.
- Send your file to our support team.
- Disable debug by deleting the 2 lines added previously or by passing the values “true” to “false”.