2021 is coming to an end, it is time for us to take stock of this year, and to present the future of SEOPress to you!
Retrospective 2021: an intense year!
What better than a few key figures to evoke all the work accomplished over the passed months:
- milestone of 200,000 active installations passed on September 20 🎉,
- $ 1 million in SEOPress sales (PRO / Insights) crossed 🎉,
- 9,000 messages exchanged at support,
- 3,000 members on our SEOPress Facebook group,
- 29 updates for SEOPress Free / PRO and 8 for SEOPress Insights.
Version 5 of SEOPress: integration with all page builders, REST API and new user interface
In July 2021, SEOPress innovates by becoming the only SEO plugin to integrate with all WordPress page builders and themes thanks to our universal SEO metabox. No more constant back and forth between your favorite editor and the WordPress administration: a real gain in productivity and a simplified workflow.
This new update has a new, more modern interface, inspired by the WooCommerce one. Accessibility, responsive design, user experience have been greatly improved.
And finally, the addition of the SEOPress REST API (Application Programming Interface) to allow interaction between SEOPress and other applications, whether from WordPress or Google for example. Developers who build static websites will be able to use the different routes available to them.
The rebranding of SEOPress
1 year of work to reflect, think our brand image and in particular with the realization of our new website in collaboration with WPChannel for the development and Deadwater for the design. Months of work of extreme intensity but necessary to deliver you a quality result for our loyal customers as well as for our new users. All our other communication materials have also been updated. If you haven’t seen them yet, go ahead it’s worth the detour!
- Facebook community group (+3,000 members),
- Facebook page,
- Twitter account (+4,200 subscribers),
- Youtube channel (+2,300 subscribers),
- Free eBooks,
- Newsletter also free to follow the updates of the Google algorithm, our new products, our tutorials to optimize its SEO,
- without forgetting our printed materials: business card, roll-up, flyers…
SEOPress Insights: your keyword and backlink tracking tool in your WordPress
Launched 1 year ago, SEOPress Insights has been perfected throughout the year by adding:
- 3 additional search engines: Google.co.nz (New Zealand), Google.com.au (Australia), Google.co.in (India)
- tracking the positions of your keywords directly in your mailbox
- new widgets for the WordPress dashboard
- the ability to bookmark your keywords for even more efficient monitoring.
And that’s just the beginning !
Our vision for 2022
Since the very first version of SEOPress, our goal has remained the same: to provide affordable SEO tools, for everyone, without advertising or footprint, to increase your sales, conversions and visibility in search engines. At a time of the generalization of remote working due to Covid-19 pandemic, SEOPress has a role to play in helping companies, at our level, in their digital transformation. More than 220,000 websites trust us on a daily basis and we thank them for that. They are our motivating force and our inspiration to offer you ever more innovative and efficient solutions, meeting your constantly evolving needs.
In 2022, we will resume our financial support to the WordPress community through the sponsorship of WordCamp Europe 2022 in Porto. We hope that other events of this type will also happen: meetups, barcamps, workshops etc.
Teasing version 5.4
Our next SEOPress update will be out this month. Two new features eagerly awaited by our community will appear, namely:
- Instant indexing for Google and Bing (offered free of charge),
- Google Analytics V4 statistics in your WordPress dashboard (PRO users only).
Not to mention various improvements to provide you an ever more relevant and efficient experience.
A huge thank you to our community!
We would never have imagined just 3 years ago, to become the 4th most used SEO plugin in WordPress: a big THANK YOU!
But we still need your support: if you hadn’t already, we would be very grateful if you could leave us a 5 star review on the official WordPress plugins directory.
Objective: 800 reviews!
Best wishes for 2022 from the entire SEOPress team!