SEOPress 5.4 is now available. We encourage you to update your site as soon as possible to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
🎉 New – Google and Bing Fast indexing
Requested by many users, the fast indexing feature for Google and Bing is finally available in SEOPress, for free.
In this first iteration, you’ll be able to submit up to 100 URLs at a time to Google and Bing search engines to get your content indexed faster.
Instead of waiting several days or even weeks for your content to be indexed, it will probably be indexed in a few hours or even a few minutes. However, these APIs are very recent and still experimental. They don’t replace adding your site to Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tools, or even your XML sitemap. See it as a supplement for now.
- Bing (and Yandex) officially promotes the use of IndexNow
- Google has its own API called Google Indexing API to handle this. According to the official documentation: “Currently, the Indexing API can only be used to crawl pages with either JobPosting or BroadcastEvent embedded in a VideoObject“. But, after many tests by different SEO experts and website owners, it works for every type of content. And Google officially announced that they will test IndexNow too.
- You can submit up to 200 requests per day for Google, 10,000 for Bing.
- As usual with Google APIs, you must create your own Google Cloud application to use the Google Indexing API. For Bing, it’s automatically handled by SEOPress.
🎉 Redirect manager enhancements
No more mixing between redirects and 404 errors. This was very confusing for users. By default we now only display redirects (301, 302…). Using the new filters (Redirects, 404 errors, All and Categories), you can access the desired data in one click.
And you can now bulk enable or disable regular expressions on redirects.
🎉 Other news
- New important notifications to our SEO dashboard have been added to prevent PHP errors or plugin conflicts:
- check if “mbstring”, a PHP module is missing on your server (required by SEOPress, it usually installed by default in 99% of cases)
- if similar plugins as “IndexNow” or “Bing Webmaster Url Submission” are activated on your site to avoid any conflict
- For developers, we have added to new hooks to filter the HTML classes of our breadcrumbs for advanced customizations:
- SEOPress Free and PRO will be soon available in Polish
- We solved a conflict with PODS plugin and another one with WooCommerce Memberships
- Finally, several performance improvements have been made to the plugin.
In our previous blog post, we have announced Google Analytics V4 for stats in dashboard widget, unfortunately, we have postponed this to a future update. The GA4 API is still in beta and many useful metrics and dimensions are still not available. We therefore continue to recommend (and Google also does) to dual-tagged your sites.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive product updates, Google News and SEO tutorials to improve your rankings and conversions:
Are you in love with SEOPress? Help us by writing a 5 star review on the official WordPress.org plugins directory!
This update contains the following changes (full changelog here):
= 5.4 (20/01/2022) = * NEW Google & Bing instant indexing (first iteration - https://www.seopress.org/support/guides/google-indexing-api-with-seopress/) 🎉 * NEW Add menu / acceptsReservations properties to global Local Business schema (SEO, PRO, Local Business) * NEW Notification to detect if mbstring PHP module is missing on your server * NEW Notification to detect if "IndexNow", "Instant Indexing", or "Bing Webmaster Url Submission" is installed and activated on your site to prevent any conflict with our Instant Indexing feature * NEW "Description" field for manual / automatic article schema * NEW 'seopress_pro_breadcrumbs_html_class' + 'seopress_pro_breadcrumbs_html_class_ol' to filter the breadcrumbs HTML classes (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-the-breadcrumbs-html-classes/) * NEW 'seopress_stop_attachment_url_to_postid' to disable attachment_url_to_postid function * INFO Performance improvement for OG image tags * INFO Improve Redirections UI with new view filters and bulk actions * INFO Improve FAQ schema user interface * INFO Improve Local Business widget (new HTML class "sp-lb-closed-all-day", display "closed" only if "Closed all the day?" option is checked) * INFO Use custom meta title if no FB title available for oembed sharing (LinkedIn) * INFO Minify metaboxe.js to reduce file size by 43% when using the universal SEO metabox * INFO Do not exclude custom canonical if equals to permalink in XML sitemaps * INFO Localized our news widget for French audience * INFO Add all social settings options to wpml-config.xml file to translate them with WPML / Polylang * INFO Improve UI * FIX Ping button for News XML sitemap * FIX Missing URL tag in XML sitemaps if custom canonical tag * FIX Warning Undefined variables Redirect tab on term taxonomies * FIX Term taxonomy invidually set to noindex in XML sitemaps * FIX Empty "wpseopress-faq-answer-image" div if no image for FAQ Block * FIX global product identifiers parent / child inheritance with automatic product schema and variable products * FIX Fatal error tribe_is_venue or tribe_is_organizer with the Events Calendar plugin in specific cases * FIX Conflict with PODS * FIX Conflict with WooCommerce Memberships * FIX Textdomain