SEOPress 6.1 is now available. We encourage you to update your site as soon as possible to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
🎉 New – Support for Google Site Names
As mentioned in our latest Google News article, the famous search engine has introduced a way for users to provide a site name and an alternative one for mobile search results. You can now change these settings from SEO, Titles and metas, Home tab.
Site title (ie Site name) and Alternative site title will be automatically added to the website schema on homepage.
🎉 New – Official support for PHP 8.1 and WP 6.1
SEOPress 6.1 is now compatible with PHP 8.1 and WordPress 6.1. Before updating to these new versions, backup your site, enable the WP_DEBUG to track any notices, warnings and errors.
It might be better to wait a little longer.
🎉 New – Quickly add link attributes (nofollow…) with Classic Editor
Requesting by many users, you can finally add a “nofollow“, “UGC” (user generated content) or “sponsored” attributes to your links with Classic Editor.
Unfortunately, for the Block Editor (Gutenberg), we are still waiting for a hook to filter in an elegant way the modal link.
🎉 Other news
Developers will appreciate the addition of three new hooks:
- “seopress_pro_breadcrumbs_terms” to filter terms taxonomy from the Breadcrumbs
- “seopress_schemas_website” to filter the updated Website schema
- “seopress_matomo_dashboard_widget_cap” to filter the capability associated the Matomo Analytics widget
And the update of our SEOPress REST API by adding these new fields:
- alternative site name,
- custom breadcrumbs,
- attachment ID (Facebook and Twitter),
- image width (Facebook and Twitter),
- image height (Facebook and Twitter).
Plus, the updated hook to filter more efficiently each item of the Breadcrumbs by adding its ID as a third argument.
You can now migrate your data from Slim SEO plugin.
We have also fixed several issues with the Redirect manager, GA4 and Matomo Analytics widgets, improved compatibility with Oxygen Builder, and added dozens of minor enhancements. More details in the changelog.
🎉 Our first SEO book on Amazon
We remind you of the publication of our first book on Amazon: Master Guide: SEO for Business.
205 pages to optimize the SEO of your WordPress website.
Available in English, in Kindle, paperback and hardback.
From just $9.99! I take advantage of it!
🎉 WordPress events & Black Friday 2022
Last month was held the only WordCamp in France for 2022 in Lyon. It was a great time to discover new things and exchange with our users, partners and friends. Many thanks to the organizers!
SEOPress continues to sponsor WordPress events around the world year after year. The next ones will be in Nagpur and Kolkata in India, and we are proud to help them there.
You certainly know it: Black Friday 2022 is fast approaching! If you want to benefit from an exceptional offer on our products, subscribe without further delay to our newsletter to be the first informed!
🎉 New milestones reached for SEOPress
We are happy that more than 850 users have given their opinion on the official WordPress plugin directory, for an average rating of almost 5/5. This makes us extremely happy.
Even more so with over 300 active installs of our free SEOPress for MainWP add-on.
A huge thank you!
This update contains the following changes (full changelog here):
* NEW Support for Site names in Google Search * NEW PHP 8.1 compatibility * NEW Add "nofollow", "UGC", "sponsored" link attributes with Classic Editor * NEW Import SEO metadata from Slim SEO plugin * NEW Add a notice to content analysis metabox if a target keyword is already used from another content * NEW 'seopress_pro_breadcrumbs_terms' hook to filter terms taxonomy from the Breadcrumbs (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-taxonomy-terms-in-the-breadcrumbs/) * NEW 'seopress_schemas_website' hook to filter Website schema (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-website-schema/) * NEW 'seopress_matomo_dashboard_widget_cap' hook to filter Matomo Analytics capability (https://www.seopress.org/support/hooks/filter-matomo-analytics-dashboard-widget-capability/) * INFO Update Website schema to follow new Google guidelines * INFO Update GA4 stats in dashboard CSS widget * INFO REST API: add custom breadcrumbs, attachment ID, image width and image height to post and term metadata endpoints * INFO Add post/page/post type/term ID as third item for each crumbs of the Breadcrumbs for better flexibility * INFO Remove request reverse domains from SEO dashboard * INFO Improve UI for Redirections manager * FIX 404 errors sorting (SEO, Redirections) * FIX A user capability issue with Matomo Analytics & Google Analytics widgets * FIX Word counters with Elementor in specific cases * FIX Undefined SEOPRESS_PRO_VERSION constant * FIX Stop showing Matomo widget if no site ID or tracking ID set * FIX Improve compatibility with Oxygen for Content Analysis * FIX Saving attachment ID / width / height for term SEO metadata * FIX Saving Service type value for automatic Service schema * FIX GA4 stats in dashboard if no GA3 property associated with the Google account * FIX i18n * FIX WPML configuration file * FIX CSS